Go Abroad with Up with People!
If you're looking for a unique global education experience and you're ready to see what the world has to offer (and what YOU have to offer the world), apply today! Our programs begin every January and July and we are currently accepting applications for our next four programs. You can choose to travel for one or two semesters.
Please review the following application criteria prior to completing the two-part application process.
All UWP applicants:
- Are between the ages of 16-29. Applicants must be 17 when they begin their UWP semester program;
- Have a high school diploma, or equivalent (we will accept applications from anyone within one year of completing high school);
- Are in good physical and mental health;
- Are willing and able to participate in all aspects of the program;
- Have some proficiency in English. Our program is conducted in English. No language exam is required for UWP program admission.
All students will participate in the UWP stage show, although experience in performing arts is not a requirement and auditions are not required for admission.
Additional criteria for Academic Option:
UWP students who want to opt-in for the Academic Option must meet additional criteria to be enrolled. Official transcripts and test scores will be required.
Gap Year students (not yet enrolled in university studies)
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 on 4.0 scale (or equivalent) at time of graduation
Current university students:
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 on 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
- Approval to study abroad from home university
- College/university degree or diploma
ALL international students:
- In addition to the requirements listed above, based on where you are in your education, there are English proficiency requirements. If English is not your first language, you must provide evidence of prior participation in an English-language program or demonstrate proficiency through the TOEFL (score 550 paper exam; 79 internet exam or above) or IELTS exam (score 6.0 or above).
Applying for Up with People (UWP) is an easy, two-step process and both steps are required: online application and a personal interview. Although musical talent and performance ability are welcome, auditions are not required as part of the application process.
- Online Application - The application gathers basic contact information, education experience, and community involvement experience, and your overall motivation and interest in participating. The application takes approximately 20 minutes to complete and there is a non-refundable $25 USD application fee required to process your application.
- Personal Interview - Once you have completed your online application, a member of the UWP Admissions Team will call to schedule an interview. The interview will be conducted in person or over the phone/internet with the goal of learning more about your background, your character and your desire to travel abroad with Up with People. Interviews will last between 30 - 45 minutes.
To Get Started: Click here to go to the application and create a new account where you can complete the online application, print forms and check back later for status updates.
Are you younger than 17? Check out our summer camp program....Camp Up with People