You Can Bring the World Into Your Home!
with People (UWP) relies on the generosity and support of families all
over the world. Since 1965, more than 450,000 families around the world
have hosted UWP students. Host families are a big part of what makes
our program unique and they provide a rich cultural learning opportunity
for our participants.
As a host family, you will open your home and heart
to provide a safe and welcoming environment for young people from around
the world. In return you will form international friendships that can
last a lifetime.
Whether you live in an urban flat, rural farmhouse,
thatched hut, or suburban townhouse, you can bring the world into your
home by hosting an UWP student during their international tour.
UWP host families provide:
- A place to sleep
- Breakfast and most dinners
- Local transportation at the beginning and end of the day, and
- A safe and welcoming environment for UWP students to learn about your family, community and culture….and vice versa!
UWP host families receive:
- Two complimentary Up with People show tickets
- An opportunity to share customs and culture, and
- A potential new friend for life.
Interested in hosting? Use our Contact Us form
to submit your interest today. We’ll send you updates when a cast is
touring to your area. If you already know of a cast coming to your
community soon, please check our Current Tour Schedule page and contact the UWP Promotion Representative in your city.
If you have specific questions about being a host family, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.